CANELA ALVAREZ and Gennady Golovkin finally square off in their long-awaited trilogy fight on Saturday night.
And this third fight caps five years of drama between the pair, who will fight at super middleweight.
The pair began their rivalry in 2017 when their the first fight ended in a controversial drawand the majority of viewers considered Golovkin a worthy winner.
And they had a rematch, which Alvarez won by majority decisionin a year.
That fight was also close, and Alvarez has since moved up a weight class became the undisputed super middleweight champion.
Meanwhile, Golovkin has reunified the middleweight titles, but he’ll finally get a third crack at the Alvarez later this year, albeit in his 40s.
However, he is buoyed by the fact that his Mexican opponent is fresh off a light heavyweight loss to Dmitriy Bivol and will have to get back to a big fight with ‘GGG’.
When Canelo vs. Golovkin 3?
- Alvarez vs. Golovkin, the huge clash of the trilogy, will take place on Saturday, September 17, 2022.
- The T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas is playing itself out, as it has in the two previous contests between the pair.
- In the UK, the fight will start early in the morning on September 18.
- Expect marches to start around 4.30am UK time.
CANELO VS GGG LAST 3 COEFFICIENTS AND REGISTRATION
What is Canelo vs. Golovkin 3 live and TV channel on?
- The fight Alvarez – Golovkin will be shown live DAZN PPV in Great Britain.
- The fight costs £9.99 on top of your DAZN subscription.
- You can stream the action live from the DAZN app, which is available for download on your mobile phone, tablet and Smart TV.
- In the US, the fight will be available on DAZN PPV.
What happened at the weigh-in?
Moving up to super middleweight, GGG became a marginally heavier man.
GGG weighed in at 167.8 pounds while Canelo weighed in at 167.4 pounds.
The weight limit was 168 pounds.
Canelo vs. Golovkin 3 FULL CARD
- Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin III (12 rounds – super middleweight titles, WBA, WBO, IBF, WBC, Ring Magazine titles)
- Jesse Bam Rodriguez vs. Israel Gonzalez (12 rounds – Bantamweight, WBC title)
- Ammo Williams vs Kieron Conway (10 rounds – Middleweight)
- Diego Pacheco vs Enrique Callano (10 rounds – Super Middleweight)
- Ali Akhmedov vs. Gabriel Rasad (10 rounds – Super Middleweight)
- Mark Castro vs. Kevin Mantiel Mendoza (8 rounds – Lightweight)
What was said?
“I feel very happy and proud that I can give the best fights, and this fight will not be an exception,” said Canela.
I Golovkin simply said, “I hope to see you on September 17th.”
Promoter Eddie Hearn added: “The Canelo vs GGG trilogy is the biggest fight in boxing and I’m so glad it was done on September 17th.
“These are two men who deeply dislike each other and want to end this incredible streak with a stunning knockout.
“I truly believe this will be the most exciting fight between two great champions and it will be fireworks from the first bell to the last man standing.”